Our rapidly growing, San Diego based, criminal defense law firm is seeking an executive level professional to become our first Legal Administrator. Since 2010, the firm has helped good people regain control of their future when charged with a crime, providing unsurpassed service to those who call upon us to help them during what is likely the most stressful times in their lives. We pride ourselves in being unique in the way we approach everything relating to criminal defense and business. Our first Legal Administrator must embody the principle that “excellence is a habit and not an act,” and be able to thrive in a modern law firm environment.
This position will have significant discretion and broad responsibility for the management of the Firm’s business operations and the supervision of its employees. The Administrator will report to, and work under the direction of the Owner. This executive level position will be responsible for a myriad of activities in all phases of administration, personnel, finances, facilities, and business systems. The candidate will be expected to drive revenue growth and increase profitability. This position will be expected to expand upon the Firm’s existing culture that “success is not an entitlement and we have to earn it every day.”
This is not a position for an “Office Manager” or an “Administrative Assistant.” We need someone with hands- on experience, having previously worked with a business which had at least a $3 Million budget, and who has managed a team of at least 10 people. Our team is currently comprised of three attorneys and two legal assistants. All three of our attorneys have been recognized by SuperLawyers as Rising Stars for 2021. The Firm recently was acknowledged by LawFirm 500 as the 30th fastest growing small law firm in the United States, attaining over 274 % growth the past 3 years. But we did not come this far to only come this far. That is where you come in. We need someone who wants to create a legacy driving the Firm’s professional growth to new heights.
You must be able to show evidence of ability to:
- Refine business processes and manage systems ensuring profitable operation, while maintaining exceptional service
- Office management, including day-to-day operations, human resources tasks, directing non-attorney personnel, and communicating with third-party vendors and service providers on behalf of the Firm
- Implement, improve, and ensure adherence to the Firm’s policies and procedures in order to reflect the Firm’s high standards
- Competently meet with the Firm’s Bookkeeper and Accounting Team to report to Owner regarding the financial state of the firm on a bi-weekly basis
- Master the use of common financial reports to make decisions (i.e. budget variance, P & L, cashflow forecast, et. al.)
- Proficiently analyze marketing metrics and reports as well as contribute to strategic marketing initiatives through frequent contact with the Firm’s marketing team
- Proactively provide feedback to the Firm’s Owner regarding staffing and office needs, including employee performance management and supervision
- Embrace strong attention to detail, transparency, and accountability
- Be metrics-driven and KPI-obsessed, understanding you cannot manage what you cannot measure
- Not just being comfortable with growth and change, but thriving in an environment where the entire team is constantly seeking to improve
WHAT WE OFFER
- Potential Salary to Exceed $100,000 based upon prior experience and the Firm attaining its stated milestone goals
- Up to $400 per month in health care reimbursements
- Generous PTO/sick time
- Chance to create a legacy with our team, our clients, and the San Diego community
- Vibrant daily camaraderie but never complacency
- An everlasting investment into your continued personal and professional development
Send Cover Letter and Resume to LegalAssistant3@DPShapiro.com. The subject line of the email should read “Trevoritano 2021 at LOODPS”. The cover letter should be entirely in italics and address salary requirements, why you are intrigued by this position, what makes you nervous about this position, and why are you applying for this position at this time.
*We are looking to fill this position by April 2021.