Do you want to play an integral role in helping good people regain control of their future when they are charged with a crime? If so, keep reading.
Our growing San Diego based criminal defense law firm is seeking a detail-oriented, highly organized, passionate, emotionally mature, and self-directed person who can take on a wide variety of responsibilities as a Legal Assistant.
When our prospective and existing clients call us for help, they are often going through an emotionally difficult period. You will set the tone for their experience with us. Our office is fast paced. You must be able to multi-task and think on your feet while making smart decisions, often under strict time pressures. It requires the right combination of communication skills, empathy, and ability to investigate the root of our (potential) clients’ problems.
Other requirements include:
- Implementing, improving, and ensuring adherence to the Firm’s policies and procedures to reflect the Firm’s high standards
- Conveying confidence in person and on the phone, demonstrating exceptional communication skills and an ability to develop rapport with prospective clients and referral sources
- Directing the caller to the appropriate team member, consistent with the Firm’s key administrative policies
- Embracing attention to detail, transparency, and accountability
- Strong multitasking skills
- Self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic
- Treating a client or task at 4:30 P.M. on a Friday with the same care and compassion as one Monday morning at 9:00 A.M.
The successful candidate will have opportunities for personal, professional, and financial growth. Initial compensation will be based upon prior experience. After 90 days of successful employment, the Firm offers health care expense reimbursement (up to $300 per month), a generous PTO/Sick time policy, as well as eligibility for quarterly bonuses.
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND
We are looking for someone with exemplary problem-solving, communication, and time management skills who can hit the ground running. Candidates must have experience managing calendars, creating and editing a variety of documents, and assembling and maintaining client files. Prior law firm experience and/or paralegal studies is preferred.
We are looking to fill this position in June. Send Cover Letter, Resume, and References (yes, we will check) to LegalAssistant1@DPShapiro.com. The subject line of the email should read “Trevoritano 2020 at LOODPS”. The cover letter should be entirely in italics and address salary requirements and reasons why you are intrigued by this position.