San Diego Child Molestation Defense lawyer
In California, sexual activity with a minor can lead to allegations of child molestation. Child molestation charges are incredibly serious. These cases are often very complicated and are always emotionally charged. In San Diego, merely being accused of child molestation is enough to send your life into upheaval. The media and community can be quick to condemn and ostracize anyone accused of molesting a child, long before anything is proven beyond a reasonable doubt in a courtroom. A conviction for child molestation will lead to lifetime consequences, including years in prison and registration as a sex offender. Acts subject to criminal prosecution can include:
- Touching, fondling, or groping a child or causing a child to do the same
- Sending text messages and images of sexual nature via phone, or “sexting”
- Exposing one’s self to a minor, or committing exhibitionist sexual acts
- Posting explicit images and messages to social media platforms
- Producing, sharing, or possessing child pornography
- Inducing a child or children under fourteen to commit sexual acts
- Discussing sexually-explicit material with a minor
- Participating in a sex trafficking operation involving minors
- Any potentially-sexual conduct suspected harmful to the welfare of a minor
Your job, reputation, freedom, and long-term financial wellbeing hang the balance. If you have been accused of child molestation, the clock is ticking until your (next) court appearance. You need to act fast, but wisely. Call an experienced child molestation defense attorney at the Law Office of David P. Shapiro today to learn how you can start regaining control of your future again.
Amazing attorney! He helped me every step of the way. Kept me confident and was alway there to answer any questions about the case and process. David Shapiro really knows what he is doing! Being in such a difficult situation, it really helped having him as my attorney. He really kept me calm and positive about the whole situation. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for any legal advice or incredible defense. He represented me in a very professional manner and got the job done. Amazing work! If I ever need any legal representation again, I know I will reach out the law office of David P. Shapiro.