Click any of the logos below to view David’s profile and ratings.
Mr. Shapiro is a highly skilled criminal defense attorney who will defend your case with care and consideration. My family has used his services several times with the best possible outcome. You can expect thorough, easy to understand explanations of court proceedings and your best options. He is confident and comfortable in the courtroom and you can rest easy knowing he is on your case. I would recommend Mr. Shapiro for your legal defense.
Hayden J. – Avvo.com
David P. Shapiro expertly handled our case with a level of professionalism that is hard to find. We needed an attorney that understood people, the law, and would help us get through the legal system in San Diego County. Most importantly, I wanted an attorney that would actually do the hard work of representing us in a very difficult situation. Backed up by a top-notch office and investigative staff, Mr. Shapiro delivered. David turned out to be the absolute right choice, a decision we did not regret. Highly recommended.
I came to David Shapiro to end my probation early and expunge my case. I had a very positive and very informative experience with him. David and his assistant Maria were excellent and always kept in the loop of what was going on.
Antonio G –Avvo.com
I have used David 2 times in the past and he has by far exceeded my expectations. He has great knowledge and knows the system. He is straightforward and honest and somebody you can trust without doubt. I would recommend him to friends, family, and anybody that needs help. Best attorney I’ve ever come across.
Jason L. –Google Review
Some of David’s most recent case results include, but have not been limited to:
- Stalking & Harassing Electronic Communications Charges = Not Guilty after Jury Trial.Vista Courthouse. Case started as a felony, was reduced to a misdemeanor after Preliminary Hearing. Client ultimately acquitted of all charges by a jury.
- Strike Felony Assault w/ Great Bodily Injury & Criminal Threats Case = Dismissed by District Attorney 2 weeks before Jury Trial.Downtown San Diego Courthouse. Was able to establish viable self-defense argument with evidence elicited at Preliminary Hearing.
- Attempted Murder Charges, among other Strike Felonies = Client received Probation with release from Jail to Residential TreatmentVista Courthouse. Preliminary Hearing testimony led the District Attorney to reconsider their original position requiring a violent felony plea with one year in jail.
- Felony Child Endangerment (2) & DUI Charges = misdemeanor “Wet Reckless” disposition after Winning Motion to Suppress Blood Test ResultsVista Courthouse. Prevailed at Motion to Suppress Evidence obtained from Unlawful Obtained Warrant.
- DUI (.10 BAC) = Not Guilty after Jury TrialSouth Bay Courthouse (but El Cajon case). Reasonable doubt client was Under the Influence of Alcohol and/or had .08 or higher BAC at the time of driving.
- Felony Hit & Run, and Felony Accessory Charges = Dismissed at Preliminary Hearing
South Bay Courthouse. Factual discrepancies regarding what Client knew regarding accident.
- Felony DUI with Great Bodily Injury + Multiple Victim Enhancements = Reduced to Misdemeanor at Preliminary Hearing
El Cajon Courthouse. Court granted Esteybar motion after hearing character/mitigation evidence about Client.
- Numerous DUI Charges Dismissed After Winning Motions to Suppress Evidentiary Hearings &/or on Day of Trial
All Courthouses in San Diego County
- Numerous Felony Counts of Insurance Fraud & Welfare Fraud = all charges dismissed at arraignment
Downtown San Diego Courthouse. Proved Client had no knowledge of Co-defendant husband’s actions.
- Felony Grand Theft with Multiple Prison Priors = Misdemeanor Probation
El Cajon Courthouse & Downtown San Diego Courthouse. Same Client. Several years apart.
- 5+ Separate Residential Burglaries (Strikes) = Probation and Credit for Time Served
- Possession for Sale of Cocaine (with strike Prior) = Probation after Court struck strike
South Bay Courthouse. Extensive mitigation packet presented at sentencings on both cases (years apart). Great lawyering.
- Residential Burglary (Strike) Charge = dismissed at Preliminary Hearing
El Cajon Courthouse. Successfully argued the insufficiency of the evidence.
- Strike Felony Charges of Dissuading a Witness from Testifying = Not Guilty verdicts after trial
Downtown San Diego Courthouse. Insufficient proof beyond a reasonable doubt as to the elements of the offense as required under law.